COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS AT SANBONA
We have implemented safety protocols in line with the World Health Organisation’s stringent health and cleanliness standards and had an external assessment conducted on-site by a medical professional to advise us on our implemented operations and equipment to ensure our guests and staff will be protected at all times.
All staff will adhere to mandatory measures, which will be reinforced through strategically placed signage, sanitizing products and ongoing training to prevent exposure to COVID-19 risks and other viral or bacterial illnesses.
In addition to the protocols below, safety measures will include:
- Maintaining a social distance of 2 metres.
- Sanbona Wildlife Reserve has identified a strict set of protocols to enforce should anyone fall ill or display COVID-19 symptoms while on-site. These operating procedures include [but are not limited to] separate isolation suites on-site as well as access to virtual consultation with a medical professional. Further responsive measures will be taken as or should the need arise.
- All guests will be required to provide a full travel history prior to arrival.
- Sanbona has moved their check-in procedure over onto a digital platform which can be accessed from your personal devices.
- Daily thermal screening will be carried out for both staff and guests in line with health and government guidelines.
GENERAL HYGIENE AND PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT
- Guests are encourage to follow stringent hygiene practices of regular hand washing and sanitization, limited hand face contact, social distancing and the wearing of face masks.
- 70% Alcohol based sanitizer will placed in all guest rooms and will also be provided in all public areas, game drive vehicles and guided walks and at drinks stops.
As Sanbona is a wildlife reserve, nature drives and nature walks are conducted in the open air and so are considered low risk, however, to continually ensure your safety –
- Where possible, families and groups will be allocated their own vehicles and guides for the duration of their stay. Private vehicle hire is available at an additional rate.
- If the sharing of a vehicle is required, sufficient space will be allocated to each person.
All game viewer vehicles will be sanitized before and after drive and hand sanitizer made available to guests.
- Communal containers will be replaced with pre-packed and sealed individual snacks for breakfast and sundowner stops.
SPA AND KIDS ACTIVITY AREA
Kindly note that while we find our feet in the ‘new normal’, our spa facilities remain closed for use and treatments.
- Our Kids Activity Area will continue to offer complimentary child minding throughout the day.
- Child minder will observe strict personal protective equipment use as well as regularly sanitize high touch and contact points.
- The area will be fogged daily to eliminate any possible contaminates.
- All staff have received full training by a certified medical professional on the prevention and measures required to effectively manage and minimise risk.
- All staff will have their temperature monitored prior to commencing work each day.
Staff are required to practice precautionary measures which include: wearing a face mask at all times, regular hand washing, social distancing, no handshaking or hugging.
SANBONA COVID-19 TASK TEAM
Adhering to World Health Organisation (WHO) recommendations,Sanbona Wildlife Reserve has a Health and Safety Committee on site. This team will oversee the implementation of all health and safety measures at the lodges and other operational areas. They will also ensure all equipment /hygiene items are monitored and procurement arranged timeously.